Amanda Jillian B. aka FaerieBarista
Single Mom. Photographer. Blogger. Starbucks Addict. Magically Delicious.
Who am I? I'm a momma to wonderfully mischievous faeries, who may drive me crazy but make life worth living. I'm a photographer, loved it since I got my first camera at 12 years old, studied it, run my own studio of sorts. A blogger of course, cause you are on my blog right now! My name is Amanda and I'm addicted to Starbucks, it's true. Magically delicious, silly, Pagan by nature, heathen by choice, faerie lover.
Yeah I’m a beautiful disaster, and you love it.
I am 30 years young and still obsessed with The Little Mermaid. It was and is my favorite movie (Fight Club is a close second). I'm a beach bum stuck in slightly upstate NY, our welcome sign says 65 miles from NYC, apparently our new selling point is we are like Brooklyn but cheaper. I may have laughed till I cried. But my little town/city is starting to have a strong theme of Artistic. Which I love.
I'm just a bit random at times. Ok ok I'm a lot random all the time.
My two mischievous faeries are Ariel aka Mermaid Girl and AJ aka Monster Boy. AJ is my first born, my son, my love, the starting point of my journey as a mom. At realizing that I'm not just living my life but his too. Ariel is a preemie girl (not that you can tell anymore), I call her my miracle baby. 8 weeks early, 23 days in the NICU, 1 surgery, 0 delays. This girl just wanted to be born early. My mom says I did a good job on having my kids on easy to remember birthdays.
AJ is Jan 1st, New Years Day (and my papa's birthday too!) my New Year Baby. Ariel is May 4th, Star Wars Day (you know may the 4th be with you) cause we are geeky like that.
Random facts about me:
- I'm pansexual (I like who I like regardless of gender/orientation/etc)
- I tend to be described with oxymorons (Preppy Goth, Violent Hippie)
- Completely in love with mermaids
- My absolute favorite place to be is the BEACH (any one will do)
- I enjoy listening to ICP
- I have never been married
- I regret giving Ariel her father's last name
- Didn't know my father till I was 15
- Product of a teen mom
- Got to take college level classes in high school
- One of my nicknames is Newburgh
- When I was 5 I apparently wanted to be a nun with big boobies when I got older
- I used to work at a bar/night club and miss it
Strangest compliment ever received (from a girl my friend was trying to pick up):
You have a gorgeous face, I mean I might have a great body but that face is gorgeous and will beat a great body hands down anytime.Left me grinning from ear to ear all night long, and has always stuck with me.